Our partners, Engineers Without Borders Australia, put us in touch with RDIC, a development organization doing great work with water filters and other development projects in Cambodia. They asked about contributing to Appropedia.
We’ve made some notes for you:
- Appropedia is solution-oriented, not activist or political. (Discussion of policy is fine, but we seek to be apolitical. The promotion of sustainable and appropriate solutions is fine, but the main focus is on the solutions themselves).
- Share anything as long as you are willing to let other people use it as they wish. We use an open license, allowing any use, including commercial, without additional approval, as this is the most effective way to ensure the information is used.
- Share your information, but please share more: consider sharing designs, solutions that have worked for you, checklists that workers use in the field, project write-ups, how-tos, and/or successes as well as failures. Don’t limit yourself – if it’s useful to you, it’s probably useful to someone in Thailand, Uganda, etc.
- You don’t have to log in to Appropedia, but it’d be nicer if you do. Also, register your email under preferences; this helps people get in touch with you. Connecting with like-minded people is a great benefit here.
- There’s a format bar above the edit box – play with it, but don’t worry too much.
- Errors are easily reverted – so be bold!
For more information on how to start a new page – see Help:Creating a page.