The Peer to Peer University (P2PU) is open for enrollments now, until August 26, starting with seven 6-week courses:
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Making
- Copyright for Educators
- Introduction to Cyberpunk Literature
- Land Restoration and Afforestation
- Neuroethics and International Biolaw
- Open Creative Nonfiction – Take Away Narratives
- Poker and strategic thinking
The difference between P2PU and other online learning projects is that P2PU doesn’t focus on creating new course material – rather, it uses the materials that are already out there, and facilitates the learning process.
Learning will take place in small groups of 8-14 students. P2PU blurs the boundaries between students and teachers. Volunteers step forward to create course outlines and facilitate the course work. In some cases they may be experts in the field, and in others, they may rely on input and advice from others who have expert knowledge. – About P2PU
See also my interview with Stian Håklev, one of the founders of P2PU.